Wouldn’t it be great if there was no need to buy dozens of different cleaning products to make sure your house is as clean as possible? Not only you wouldn’t have about ten different bottles lying around the house, you would also save some money. Well, there is a product that will allow you to clean various things in an extremely effective way and, most importantly, it’s really inexpensive! I am talking about baking soda.
If you are interested in finding out how to stop wasting money on cleaning products thanks to baking soda, keep on reading this piece because I am going to tell you some of the things you will be able to clean with this product.
1. If you have started noticing that your fridge, freezer or even cupboard has an unpleasant odor, get rid of it by simply placing a glass filled with baking soda in it.
2. Rubbish bins tend to be pretty smelly as well, but you can solve the problem with baking soda. Simply sprinkle some of it across the bottom of the rubbish bin and repeat the process whenever you change the bag. If the smell persists, fill the bin with hot water and pour in some baking soda. Leave it in the rubbish bin for the whole night and wash it the day after. The smell should be completely gone by then.
3. Grease fires are somewhat scary and the worst thing about them is they can get the whole kitchen dirty. If you want to avoid this happening, simply sprinkle some baking soda over them to stop them immediately.
4. Baking soda is also great to clean most types of surfaces. Simply apply some on a damp piece of cloth, clean the surface and then rinse with some water.
5. You can also make all the silver you own shine brighter than ever by pouring baking soda into a bowl filled with some warm water. Keep on pouring baking soda until the mixture becomes a paste. Once the paste has been made, rub your silver items with it then rise them with abundant warm water and dry them with a clean, dry piece of cloth.
6. Sometimes we find spills on the floor of our homes and getting rid of them seems impossible. By sprinkling some baking soda over the spills and rubbing them with a warm, damp piece of cloth, you should get rid of them very easily and fast.
7. Another thing that baking soda can get rid of pretty easily is burnt food at the bottom of pots and pans. Fill them with warm water and pour in some baking soda. Let the mixture work its magic overnight and then wash your pots and pans like you normally would. You will notice how the burnt food will be gone in a heartbeat without having to rub for hours.
8. If you have a smoker at home and the smell of ashes in the ashtray bothers you, sprinkle some baking soda over it to get rid of some of the odor.
9. By adding half a cup of baking soda to your laundry, your clothes will come out smelling fresher than ever and they will also be freed from any possible grease stains.
These are some of the many things baking soda can be useful for when it comes to cleaning. The good thing about this product is that thanks to it you won’t have to buy dozens of other cleaning products which means you will be able to save money!