Are you one of those people that use their smartphone constantly? You must have noticed that you seem to charge the battery of your phone just about everyday, right? Most people don’t think about this, but we waste a lot of energy to charge the battery of our smartphones, which means we are spending lots of extra money. Luckily, there are certain things you can do to conserve the battery life of your smartphone, which means you will have to charge it less constantly and therefore will manage to save some money. If you are interested, keep on reading this piece to find out some very helpful tips.
1. One of the best ways to conserve the battery of your phone is by turning off vibrations. You must have realised that most notifications make your mobile phone vibrate, which makes the battery run out extremely fast. This is because it takes a lot of energy to make the whole phone vibrate.
2. Adjust the brightness of the screen. There is no doubt that everything looks much better on a well-lit screen, the problem is that the higher the brightness of your smartphone is, the faster you will run out of battery. Try to keep it at the 30%, you will still be able to see everything you need to see and you will conserve the battery of your phone for a lot longer.
3. If you are one of those people that don’t lock their phone as soon as they are done using it, you should consider shortening the screen timeout, which will lock your phone automatically after you haven’t used it for a few seconds.
4. Turning off your phone when you know you are not going to need it for at least a couple of hours is another great way to conserve the battery. It’s true that turning it on consumes a lot of power, but turning it off completely will be worth it if you leave it that way for about two hours at least.
5. Close all apps properly when you know you are not going to use them. Most people don’t do this correctly and have a few apps opened at the same time even if they are not using them. Although all smartphones can multitask nowadays, having a few apps running will eat up a lot of battery.
6. Disable the GPS system of you smartphone. Although some apps like Google Maps need the GPS of your phone to be active in order to work, you don’t necessarily have to leave it on when you are not using certain apps. Turning it on and off is extremely easy and will make the battery of your phone last much longer.
7. Another great way to conserve the battery of your phone is by using the “Airplane Mode” when you don’t need to be connected. This will turn off your Wi-Fi connection as well as Bluetooth and therefore your phone will need less power.
8. You should also know that receiving notifications on your phone constantly eats up a lot of battery. You don’t have to turn off all notifications, but make sure that the only ones that are active are the ones you are really interested in.
9. Last, but not least, make sure that you don’t leave your smartphone in very warm environments because this will make it get very hot and the battery will just slip away.
Those are some of the best things you can do to make sure you conserve the battery life of your smartphone for as long as possible which means you will manage to save some money.