Let’s be honest for a second, we all love a good dessert from time to time. These sweet treats can make you instantly happy, but sometimes they can be pretty expensive and also unhealthy, especially when we buy them ready. That’s why making your very own desserts is a healthier option, as well as a cheaper one. By making your own desserts you will be saving money and you will make sure that you are giving yourself and your family the healthiest option.
One of the most popular and delicious desserts in the world is definitely tiramisu. This Italian treat is both easy to make and pretty inexpensive. So, if you want to learn how to make tiramisu, keep on reading this piece to find out all the steps you must follow.
First of all, let’s take a look at the ingredients you are going to need:
1. Six egg yolks.
2. Half a cup of sugar.
3. One pound of mascarpone cheese.
4. A teaspoon of vanilla.
5. One cup and a half of espresso.
6. Two teaspoons of dark rum
7. Twenty-four ladyfingers.
8. Half a cup of cocoa powder.
Now let’s go through the steps you must follow to make tiramisu:
1. Put the six egg yolks, the sugar, the cheese, the vanilla and a tablespoon of espresso in a bowl and mix it all with a hand mixer until all the ingredients become a smooth cream.
2. Now mix the remaining espresso and the two teaspoons of rum in a different bowl until they become one.
3. Soak twelve ladyfingers in the espresso and rum mixture. Once they are all soaked, line them in the bottom of a large glass baking dish.
4. It’s time to add a layer of the first mixture you created to the ladyfingers. Take a spoonful of it and pour it over the ladyfingers. Spread it all over them evenly with the help of a spatula to make sure they are all just as covered.
5. Sprinkle half of the cocoa all over the layer.
6. It’s time to add another layer of soaked ladyfingers on top of the first layer. Simply repeat steps 3 and 4 to create the second layer.
7. The tiramisu is almost ready. Cover the glass baking dish with a sheet of plastic wrap. Make sure it’s properly covered and put it in the frigde. It should stay there for about three hours, but you can also keep it in the refrigerator for the whole night.
8. Now that the tiramisu has been refrigerated, it’s time to use the remaining cocoa powder. Take the tiramisu out of the fridge, take off the sheet of plastic wrap and sprinkle the cocoa all over it. Alternatively, you can also add small chocolate chips, especially if you know there will be children eating a piece of your dessert.
The tiramisu is done! You have just made sure you are going to have a delicious dessert that is both healthy and pretty inexpensive. The good thing about it is that it doesn’t take particularly long to make and most people really enjoy it, which means you could always serve it and make sure you aren’t wasting too much money and that you are making your family or guests well happy.