Did you know that hydrogen peroxide, despite being composed of just water and oxygen, is an extremely poweful germicidal agent? The best thing is that finding this product is extremely easy and it’s also really inexpensive. Another great thing about hydrogen peroxide is that there are countless uses for it, which means you will be able to do many different things with a very cheap product.
If you want to find out some of the benefits and uses for hydrogen peroxide, keep on reading because I am going to tell you the best and most useful ones.
1. Hydrogen peroxide is a great alternative to bleach because it’s less aggressive yet just as powerful. If some of your clothes need whitening, simply pour a cup of hydrogen peroxide in the washing machine. This product is also really efficient when it comes to blood stains. Apply some peroxide to the surface you want to clean and let it sit for about a minute. After that, simply wash the surface with abundant water.
2. By adding half a litre of 3% hydrogen peroxide to a tub of warm water, your skin will be rejuvenated after just half an hour.
3. If you have fungus on your feet, mix half a glass of hydrogen peroxide and half a glass of warm water and soak your feet in the mixture for about twenty minutes to get rid of the problem. Repeat this process for a few days in a row to succeed.
4. If you have an infection our you have just got cut and don’t want the wound to get infected, apply 3% hydrogen peroxide to the area for about five minutes a couple of times a day to heal it.
5. Did you know that many people use peroxide as a mouthwash? There’s no doubt that buying a bottle of mouthwash in a supermarket tends to be very expensive, so hydrogen peroxide is a greatly effective and inexpensive alternative. Fill the lid of the bottle with the liquid and keep it in your mouth for about thirty seconds. Make sure you rinse your mouth properly to avoid swallowing any peroxide.
6. Hydrogen peroxide is also a good tooth whitener. Mix some baking soda with enough 3% hydrogen peroxide to create a paste, and use that as your tooth paste. You will soon realise your teeth are becoming whiter.
7. Another great thing about this germidical agent is that it can successfully get rid of the bacteria in your food. Rinse some pieces of meat with hydrogen peroxide and then rinse them again with abundant water. The same process can be done with vegetables to get rid of bacteria as well as to neutralise chemicals.
8. Incredibly enough, hydrogen peroxide can also give your hair some very natural looking highlights without damaging it in any way. Dilute a quarter of a litre of 3% hydrogen peroxide in a quater of a litre of water and spray the mixture on your wet hair. Comb your hair for a couple of minutes to make the mixture spread all over it. After doing this a few times, you will notice that your hair will look lighter without getting burnt.
Those are some of the many uses you can give to hydrogen peroxide. Having a few bottles of this at home will be an extremely inexpensive alternative to countless products we need on a weekly basis.